Monday, April 20, 2009

Musical Inspirations Of The Day


Here is a couple of my latest musical inspirations that I have recently downloaded.

My first is I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe! I had heard this song before, but what really inspired me is that last week I was at my Grandma's funeral and then yesterday the band sang this song when I was in church with my own family. At this particular time, this song was extra touching for me, along with the theme and sermon being about heaven. If you are looking for a great piece of music for a lyrical or contemporary dance, try this song. Paired with some awesome choreography and some simple dance dresses, this song could cause many eyes to weep in the audience!

My other new favorite song is actually a children's song. It is Clean Your Room by The Imagination Movers. The Imagination Movers is a singing group that has a children's TV show on the Disney Channel. My children watch this show often and really like their music. This particular song I really like. My kids and I like to dance around the room together when we hear this song. This piece of music would be great to use for a children's hip hop class or dance recital piece. If you haven't heard the song, take a listen and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment